The first have of the week was dedicated to landing page optimization. There was a great article to help us find the places where our landing pages could be improved.
Article - 6 Essential PPC Landing Page Optimizations https://moz.com/blog/6-essential-ppc-landing-page-optimizations says you have five seconds to convince a customer you are what they are looking for. And it offers six things to do to make a landing page somewhere a customer wants to be.
- Pre-Populated Cursor: This one is good when you have a form a customer should fill out.
- Eye Contact: Instead of having a model look forward have them look at important information on the webpage.
- Testimonials: “build trust with prospective customers than to have existing customers sing your praises.”
- Point of Action Assurances: “if you put trust icons next to your submit buttons more people will click on them.”
- Match Headline with Intent: Make sure the page headline matches the ad headline, so customers know they are in the right place
- Drive a Single Call-to-Action: do not split the customer’s focus with multiple thing to do on the landing page.
Second, we worked on basic search engine optimization. The article for this part was also very helpful.
Article – A Visual Guide to Keyword Targeting and On-Page SEO https://moz.com/blog/visual-guide-to-keyword-targeting-onpage-optimization This article has so many good pieces of advice and charts to explain their research. It was very helpful.